- ⇒ Standard BABLE Fees
- ⇒ BABLE Privacy Notice
- ⇒ BABLE Cookies Policy
- ⇒ BABLE Mission & Rules for Listing
This User Agreement and all policies posted on our sites set out the terms on which BABLE offers you access to and use of our site’s services, applications and tools (collectively "Services"). All policies and the User Privacy Notice are incorporated into this User Agreement. You agree to comply with all of the above when accessing or using our Services.
BABLE is an online marketplace for Smart Cities. We endorse the EU Urban Agenda for Sustainable Cities and strive to accelerate investments into clean and connected technologies that enhance urban liveability, decrease emissions and environmental pollution and improve the quality of urban services.
- BABLE allows companies to offer and promote products and services for Smart Cities.
- BABLE enables cities, developers and municipal companies to engage with the market, to attract investments and to plan and procure smart city products and services.
While we may provide curation and configuration services for urban solutions and support for innovation procurement and other guidance in our services, such guidance is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. BABLE has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items or services advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content or listings..
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- link to companies or cities where you do not work
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third-party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user's listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- transfer your BABLE account (including Feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm BABLE or the interests or property of users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tools, data gathering and extraction tools, or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose, except with the prior express permission of BABLE;
- interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- export or re-export any BABLE application or tool, except in compliance with the export control laws of any relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, "Intellectual Property Rights") that belong to or are licensed to BABLE. Some, but not all, actions that may constitute infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to BABLE or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of the Services or post content that does not belongs to you;
- commercialize any BABLE application or any information or software associated with such application, except with the prior express permission of BABLE;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
Users must meet BABLE’s rules for listing. Failure to meet these standards may result in BABLE charging you additional fees, and/or limiting, restricting, suspending, or downgrading your seller account.
If we believe you are abusing BABLE in any way, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with your account(s), remove, not display, and/or demote listings, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
The fees we charge for using our Services are listed on our Standard BABLE Fees page. We may change our fees from time to time by posting the changes on the BABLE site 14 days in advance, but with no advance notice required for temporary promotions or any changes that result in the reduction of fees.
The fees as mentioned in Listing Fees is due when the product is uploaded.
When listing a product or service on BABLE, you agree to comply with BABLE’s rules for listing and that:
- You are responsible for the accuracy and content of the listing and item offered.
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). BABLE can't guarantee exact listing durations.
- Content that violates any of BABLE’s policies may be deleted at BABLE’s discretion.
- We may revise data in the BABLE product catalogue to supplement, remove, or correct information; if your listing uses catalogue data that has been revised, those revisions may modify your listing accordingly.
- We strive to create a marketplace where cities, municipal companies, developers, or other parties interested in realizing smart city solutions, find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:
- location, search query, browsing site, smart city solution, benefits and history;
- listing format, price, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
- number of listings matching the query.
- To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen.
- Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on certain Services.
- Metatags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed or altered so as to not affect third-party search engine results.
- We may provide you with optional recommendations to consider when creating your listings. Such recommendations may be based on the aggregated views and performance history of similar listings; results will vary for individual listings. To drive the recommendations experience, you agree that we may display the page imprints and performance history of your individual listings to other users.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. BABLE UG reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at BABLE UG’s discretion.
If BABLE UG provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
BABLE UG may disable your user ID and password in BABLE UG’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
When providing content using the Services (directly or indirectly), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined above) you have in that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of the Services, in any media known now or developed in the future. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce against BABLE, our assignees, our sublicensees, and their assignees your Intellectual Property Rights in that content in connection with our, those assignees', and those sublicensees' use of that content.
You represent and warrant that, for all such content you provide, you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to do so and to meet your obligations under this Agreement. You represent and warrant that such content is accurate. You represent and warrant that use of any such content (including derivative works) by us, our users, or others in contract with us, and in compliance with this Agreement, does not and will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
BABLE takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content provided by you or any third party.
We may offer catalogues including, for example, product images, descriptions and specifications that are provided by third parties (including BABLE users). You may use catalogue content solely in your BABLE listings. The permission to use catalogue content is subject to modification or revocation at any time at BABLE’s sole discretion.
While we try to offer reliable data, we cannot promise that the catalogues, solutions or other content provided through the Services will always be available, accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You agree that BABLE is not responsible for examining or warranting the listings or content provided by third parties through the Services, and that you will not attempt to hold us liable for any inaccuracies. If uploading content, it is your responsibility to review the content of your listings for accuracy and that you will not attempt to hold our catalogue providers or us responsible for inaccuracies. The catalogue may include copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary materials. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary, or identification markings included within the catalogues and not to create any derivative works based on catalogue content (other than by including them in your listings).
The name "BABLE" and other BABLE marks, logos, designs, and phrases that we use in connection with our Services are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of BABLE in the EU countries. They may not be used without the express written prior permission of BABLE.
Privacy of Others; Marketing
If BABLE provides you with information about another user, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes that it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent, or distribute a user's information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favour at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, your improper use of BABLE’s Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, if any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. In our sole discretion, we may assign this User Agreement, and in such event, we will post notice on www.bable-smartcities.eu.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such Section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.bable-smartcities.eu. Our right to amend the User Agreement includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the User Agreement. We will provide you 30 days' notice by posting the amended terms. Additionally, we will notify you by email or other direct forms of communication. Your continued access or use of our Services constitutes your acceptance of the amended terms. We may also ask you to acknowledge your acceptance of the User Agreement through an electronic click-through. This User Agreement may not otherwise be amended except through mutual agreement by you and any BABLE representative who intends to amend this User Agreement and is duly authorized to agree to such an amendment.
The policies posted on our sites may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the BABLE site.
If you create or use an account on behalf of a business entity or municipality, you represent that you are authorized to act on behalf of such institution and bind the institution to this User Agreement. Such account is owned and controlled by the business entity or municipality. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement.
The User Agreement, the User Privacy Notice, and all polices posted through our Services set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and BABLE, and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: Fees, Content, Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Release, Indemnity, Legal Disputes, and General.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with German Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Stuttgart.
Registrations and authorisations
BABLE UG is registered with Handelsregister Deutschland. You can find the online version of the register at https://www.unternehmensregister.de. BABLE UG’s registration number is HRB 760906
BABLE UG’s details
The full name of BABLE UG is BABLE UG.
BABLE UG is registered in Stuttgart (Germany) under registration number HRB 760906.
BABLE’s registered address is
Königstrasse 10c, 70173 Stuttgart
You can contact BABLE UG by email to email@example.com